IF you think I'm going to post my secret Chili Recipe...
...YOUR NUTS!!!
Talk to me on my deathbed.

GlennDL

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Georgia Slaw - Coleslaw With Vinegar Dressing

This coleslaw is made with a tangy vinegar dressing, with only 4 ingredients: sugar, white vinegar, celery seed, and other seasonings.

One variation I intend to try is similar to the diabetic version of the dressing for my Cucumber and Tomato Salad: Substituting Equal for the sugar. Either 12 packets of Equal or 1/2 cup of Equal Spoonful.

 

Ingredients:
  • 1 large head of cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1 medium bell pepper, finely chopped
  • 1 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
  • 1 carrot, grated

Dressing:

  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon mustard seed
  • 1 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1 1/2 cup white vinegar
Preparation:

Combine and toss; chopped cabbage, chopped bell pepper, chopped onions, and grated carrots in a large serving bowl. 
Combine remaining ingredients; sugar, salt, mustard seed, celery seed, vinegar and pepper and whisk.  Pour over vegetables and toss well. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, several hours or overnight.
Enough slaw for 8 to 10 servings.

I got this recipe at About.com.   

 

I get my cabbage at Gordon’s Food Service.  It comes in 5 lb bags with a baggie grated carrots and a baggie of purple cabbage.  As an alternative I usually get a second 5 lb. bag and a bottle of their Mazzeratti Cole Slaw Dressing which matches up to the 5 lb. bag for a creamy cole slaw which is great for slaw dogs and slaw burgers.

No comments:


MORE