IF you think I'm going to post my secret Chili Recipe...
...YOUR NUTS!!!
Talk to me on my deathbed.

GlennDL

Monday, April 6, 2009

Glenn’s Chicken Salad:

The original recipe called for 3/4 cup mayo, 1/2 cup artichoke hearts [which are out of my league…a man must know his limitations] and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.  I substituted Ranch dip, red bell peppers and onions for those.  Unbelievably the ranch dip nutrition label makes the mayo nutrition label look deadly…glenndl

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
  • 3/4 cup Lay’s Creamy Ranch Dip
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/4 cup finely diced red bell peppers
  • 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
  • 1/4 cup finely diced celery
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • salt & pepper to taste

Instructions:

  1. In large bowl mix chicken, walnuts & dip.
  2. Toss mixture with peppers, onion & celery.
  3. Season with onion powder, salt & pepper.
  4. Chill until serving [on lettuce leaves].

1 comment:

Scrappy Jo said...

What a great change to the high calorie, fat & sodium traditional chicken salad recipe. I was shocked I love this recipe twist. I did add one more ingredient. I added sliced grapes. This recipe is da-bomb! Next time I will add the artichoke hearts.


MORE