IF you think I'm going to post my secret Chili Recipe...
...YOUR NUTS!!!
Talk to me on my deathbed.

GlennDL

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Potato Soup:

source: Indianapolis Star; ‘recipes for the workweek’:
‘5 in a fix’ / Joanie Fuson, 3-4-2009

Simple and easy, but I felt it needed a little punch.  next time I think I will add the onions a little later and separate some of the vegetable mix before pureeing.  Maybe use bacon instead of ham?

Ingredients:
  1. 4 large potatoes peeled and diced.
  2. 1 medium white onions diced
  3. 2 stalks celery finely diced.
  4. 2 carrots finely diced.
  5. 16 ounce chicken stock.
  6. 1 cup water.
  7. 2 cups milk.
  8. 1 cup diced ham.
  9. 1 teaspoon dill weed.
Instructions:
  1. Place all vegetables, chicken stock, and water in a deep sauce pan.
  2. Simmer until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
  3. Puree in a blender or food processor; add milk, ham and dill weed.
  4. Reheat on low, do not boil.
  5. Add more milk if too thick.

 

Serves 8: 221 calories; 2.1 g fat; 376 mg sodium; 40.8 g carbs; 4.9 g fiber, 11.1 g protein.

please use the ‘Read/Leave A Comment’ link below to comment, make suggestions or view other peoples comments/suggestions.

2 comments:

troylee@indy.rr.com said...

Celery should never be put into a soup, it should only be eaten raw.

Kelly said...

The soup was good. I added some seasoned salt and fresh ground pepper in it. Love the ham and potato - bigger pieces would have been good too.

Cheese lovers might want to add some cheese to it.

I liked it!


MORE