IF you think I'm going to post my secret Chili Recipe...
...YOUR NUTS!!!
Talk to me on my deathbed.

GlennDL

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Six Can Chicken Tortilla Soup:

graphic (17)Recipe by Terryn
"Delicious and EASY zesty soup recipe that uses only 6 canned ingredients! Serve over tortilla chips, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Throw away the cans and no one will know that it is not from scratch!"image
from allrecipes.com

This recipe fits all my conditions: less than 8 ingredients, simple, adaptable. The reviews on “allrecipes” had several suggestions for spicing it up.

I replaced the beans with Minute Multi-Grain Medley (rice,1 packet), substituted frozen diced chicken (another suggestion is rotisserie chicken from Kroger). I also experimented with Cream of Chicken Soup in place of chicken broth and also kept the broth and added a can of Cream of Chicken.

Play with it, its good for a pot of soup to dip in through the week at lunch.                                                 GlennDL

No comments:


MORE